Held annually in Cannes on France’s gorgeous Mediterranean Côte d’Azur, the Cannes Film Festival shows and awards international films in every genre, bestowing the prestigious Palme d’Or on the best film, and the Grand Prix on the runner-up. The Cannes Festival 2018 winners included Hirokazu Kore-Eda’s “Shoplifters” for the Palme d’Or, Spike Lee’s “BlacKkKlansman” for the Grand Prix, and Nadine Labaki’s “Capernaum” for the Jury Prize. French film-making legend, Jean-Luc Goddard won the Special Palme d’Or for his highly experimental art film, “The Image Book”.
Whether you are personally invested in a film nomination or love the ambiance of Cannes in May, there are plenty of reasons to fly private to France’s Côte d’Azure. Charter a private jet to Cannes and experience the stunning coastline of the French Riviera sparkling with the stars of the Festival du Cannes. The 72nd annual Cannes Film Festival is scheduled to be held from 14 to 25 May 2019.
- Cannes – Mandelieu Airport (LFMD/CEQ) is a public airport, located 5km west of Cannes.
- Nice Côte d’Azur Airport (LFMN/NCE) 7km (4 miles) west of the city center of Nice, this is an international airport is the third busiest in France.
Popular Private Jet Charter Routes
- Private jet from Paris to Cannes: Flights within France, from North to South are available anytime.
- Charter a jet from Geneva to Cannes: From the Alps to the Mediterranean, jets.com has all the jets On-Demand.
- Private jet from NYC to Cannes: Use your Jet Card to conveniently fly across the Atlantic.
- Charter a jet from LA to Cannes: From Hollywood to the land of foreign films, flying has never been so enjoyable!
- Private Jet from London to Cannes: Private flights from the UK are also available.
Flying to Cannes in a private jet is an appropriate luxury, considering the destination, but the comfort does not have to stop there. Consider the following hotels to make your trip to France a seamless procession of comfort:
- InterContinental Carlton
- JW Marriott Cannes
- Hôtel Barrière Le Majestic, Cannes
- Radisson Blu 1835 Hotel & Thalasso
- The Five Seas Hotel
- Residhotel Villa Maupassant
- Le Club Mougins by Diamond Resorts
- Les Agapanthes
- Cannes Limo Service: +33 6 98 98 00 31
- Kingdom Limousines: +33 4 83 73 61 24
- ID Limousines: +33 4 89 73 02 20
Things to Do
- Sunset Champagne Catamaran Cruise, sip bubbly and see the city glow from the sea.
- Shore Excursion to Monaco, explore the glittering coastline and stop in the glamorous Monaco to party with fellow jet-setters.
- Helicopter to Monaco, feeling a bit sea-sick? Hop over to Monaco in a helicopter instead.
- Lérins Islands, including Ile Sainte-Marguerite home of the fort where The Man in the Iron Mask was held.
- Promenade de la Croisette, the road where the Palais des Restivals et des Congrès is situated (venue of the Festival du Cannes).
Cannes enjoys a Mediterranean climate with warm summers and mild winters. October brings the most rain, and July is the driest month. Average temperatures in the summertime are 25 degrees Celsius, or 77 degrees Fahrenheit. May sees lows 55 degrees Fahrenheit, and highs of 71.
Book a Jet Charter Flight to the 2019 Cannes Film Festival
Jets.com is proud to be a global leader in providing the highest quality private jet charter services. Charters are available all throughout the United States to take you anywhere in the world. Find out how much it costs to charter a private jet to the 2019 Cannes Film Festival.